Online Advanced Traffic Signal Design
Event date : 10/11/2021 - 11/11/2021 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The course will highlight the design techniques available to squeeze extra capacity and efficiency from junctions using signalling methods and geometric configurations. The course uses a combination of lectures and practical workshops using manual and computer based techniques. In particular, some of the basic and advanced features in LinSig 3 will be used to teach advanced design techniques.
The course content includes the following:
- Detection, Control Strategies & Mode Priority
- Designing for Capacity, Efficiency and Safety
- Designing for pedestrians, cyclists and Public Service Vehicles
- Signalled Roundabouts
- Application of Phase Delays
- Interstage Design
- Improving Junction Performance: Stages, Stage Order, Intergreens, Ripple Changing, minimising wasted time, Dummy Phases, Pedestrian clearances, Parallel/ Serial stage streaming, Event and time based CLF plans, UTC, SCOOT and a consideration of international variants such as SCATS.
- Phase Based Design
Link to JCT Consultancy registration page for ITS Ireland Members here, discounted price for ITS Ireland members €450.00
Link to JCT Consultancy registration page for NON-ITS Ireland Members here, non-discounted price for non-ITS Ireland member €600.00