LinSig3 Junction Modelling Computer Workshop
Event date : 08/11/2021 - 09/11/2021 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Linsig course is suitable for anyone who uses or will use LinSig for modelling traffic signal junctions and who requires a comprehensive base of knowledge to ensure their modelling is robust and accurate.
Accurate LinSig modelling is fundamental to traffic signal design, transport assessments for development and detailed studies where traffic signal junctions are a major determinant of transport outcomes.
The course content includes the following:
- Overview of main LinSig3 features including lane based modelling
- Short lane control and blocking, assignment of flows to lanes and routes
- Comprehensive modelling of traffic signal controllers, pedestrian links, flows, delays and crossing times.
- Building a LinSig3 model on a suggested step by step basis including explanations of LinSig3 features in the context of building an actual model
- Running LinSig3 models and interpreting the results
- Modelling give-way left turns and opposed right turns
- Use of flow group formulae and component flow groups for the efficient modelling of multiple traffic scenarios in transport assessments.
- Handling more complicated signal sequences with optimisation of interstage periods using phase delays, and interaction with phase minimum greens
- Opposed right turn blocking of lanes shared with vehicles going straight on
Link to JCT Consultancy registration page for ITS Ireland Members here, discounted price for ITS Ireland members €450.00
Link to JCT Consultancy registration page for NON-ITS Ireland Members here non-discounted price for non-ITS Ireland member €600.00