ITS Roads Authority User group
Event date : 20/10/2022 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Mullingar Park hotel
Dublin Rd, Marlinstown Bog Mullingar Co. Westmeath Ireland
In tandem with the ITS Ireland Conference, the ITS Roads Authority User group will be held in the Mullingar Park Hotel from 13.30 to 16.00 on the 20-10-2022.
It will be held the day before the ITS Annual Conference which is at the same location. Recent interactions of the User Group have been online but this event will be an in person event only.
As usual the User Group is an open invitation to Road Authority professionals to network and share best practice in the expanding brief of Intelligent Transport Systems. The format of the event is informal and will as usual be a world café event. This format allows a structured conversation for information sharing in which groups of people discuss a topic at several tables with a diversity of peers from other national Roads Authority professionals.
(Light Lunch provided 12.30pm to 1.30pm)
User Group Topics
The topics for discussion will include policies/strategies/procurement/maintenance and management of the following:
- Cycling Facilities – Active Travel etc
- Pedestrian Facilities – Active Travel etc
- Power and Energy Sustainability
- On Street ITS Assets and Emerging Technology
If you have a specific issue in any of these areas, it is encouraged to bring design drawings with you which might inform and develop discussions.
The User Group’s remit is to:
- Discuss current experiences and diversify experience
- Share information
- Develop a Network
- Discuss challenges and successes
- Support innovation
- Advise on procurement/contracts and input to standards
- Professionally develop staff
- Aid relevant and informed ecision making
Bookings are closed for this event.