ITS Ireland Privacy Statement
ITS Ireland (“us”, “we” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice provides guidance and information regarding the processing of any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us (“Data”) and what rights you have in relation to your Data. In this Privacy Notice, references to “you” mean the person whose personal information we collect, use and process.
We will use your personal data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below, which describes the steps we take to ensure the processing of your personal data is in compliance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and any subsequent data protection and privacy legislation (the “Acts”), European Union Law including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “Regulation”) and any subsequent amendments.
ITS Ireland takes your privacy seriously. Please read this notice carefully to understand exactly what we do with personal information that you provide to us, why we gather it, and what it means to you.
- Identity Of The Controller Of Personal Data
For the purposes of the Acts and Regulation and any subsequent amendments, the Data Controller is ITS Ireland, PO Box 11864, Dublin 10, Ireland.
- Personal Data that Is Collected And Processed
We may collect and process your personal information including forename, surname, contact number and email address and where applicable, biographies of your personnel that are voluntarily provided by you for inclusion in the ITS Ireland Directory.
We collect information that:
- You give us;
- Information from your use of our services and websites.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title;
- Contact information including email address;
- Financial management data relating to membership and other payments;
- Demographic information such as Eircode, preferences and professional interests;
- Other information relevant to surveys, exhibitions, conferences and/or offers; and
- Cookies on our website are used for audience measurement / analytic purposes.
- Use of Your Personal Data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Provision of membership products and services as per the membership terms entered into by you;
- Periodic sending of promotional emails / newsletters about new services, features, upcoming events or other information which we think you may find interesting.
The lawful basis for processing Data relating to ITS Ireland members is that processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
For subscribers to our email / newsletter, your consent is the lawful basis for processing your personal data.
- Recipients Or Categories Of Recipients of the Personal Data
Any information provided in the course of your business with us is not shared with third parties unless allowed or required by law.
From time to time, we may request Data that will be made publicly available on digital media but will ensure we obtain your consent prior to any such action.
Your personal information is not stored, downloaded or circulated to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Period for which the Personal Data Will Be Stored
Your personal data is stored until such time as you cease membership of ITS Ireland.
Data relating to financial transactions is retained for a period of five years to comply with prevailing regulatory legislation.
Data relating to newsletter subscriptions is retained indefinitely or until such time as you withdraw consent or we decide to no longer provide this subscription service.
- Your Rights
You have various rights under the Act and Regulation in relation to the collection and processing of your personal data, including (as relevant):
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to request, in writing, copies to the personal data we hold about you. We will provide you with a copy of the Data held by us as soon as practicable and in any event not more than one (1) month after the request in writing is received by us. We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. All access requests should be addressed to email@example.com. If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your access request you are entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner who may investigate the matter for you;
- the right to rectification including to require us to correct inaccurate personal data. We endeavour to keep your Data accurate, complete and up to date. If your Data that we hold is inaccurate, you can let us know and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant Data as you request and notify you within one (1) month of your request that relevant action has been taken. All requests should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- the right to request restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing of your personal data if:
- processing is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest or exercise of official authority;
- processed for direct marketing; or
- processed for the purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics;
- the right to prevent further processing in specific circumstances and where there is no other lawful ground for continuing to process that information. These include for example:
- where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
- where you withdraw consent; or
- where you object to us processing your information;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
- the right to block or suppress processing of your personal information. While we are entitled to store your personal information, we cannot further process it if you request it to be blocked;
- the right to data portability including to obtain personal data in a commonly used machine readable format in certain circumstances such as where our processing of it is based on consent;
- the right to object to automated decision making including profiling (if any) that has a legal or significant effect on you as an individual; and the right to withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent.
Please see “Contact Us” if you wish to exercise any of these rights (as relevant).
- Your Right To Lodge A Complaint With A Supervisory Authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy you might have, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner (i.e. the Supervisory Authority in Ireland) if you consider that ITS Ireland has infringed the Acts and/or Regulation when processing your personal data.
We endeavour to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your personal data which is transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access, in connection with your employment. Our service providers are also selected carefully and are required to use appropriate protective measures.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we will use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
- Updating The Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Notice in the event that we wish to process your personal data for any purpose not described herein. Any updated privacy notice will be available for viewing at www.itsireland.ie.
- Contact Us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer of ITS Ireland at email@example.com or alternatively you can write to us at ITS Ireland, PO Box 11864, Dublin 10, Ireland.