We are delighted to announce that David O’Connor from Dublin Institute of Technology has won one year’s free ITS Ireland membership, David was one of a number of respondents who took part in the survey and returned their completed questionnaire by 23rd January.
Overall we were very pleased with the response rate to the survey and the information gathered by the responses received. The results were collated and analysed by the board and through further review and discussion over the coming weeks the data will assist us in developing ITS Ireland in line with our member’s needs. The main findings of the survey are detailed below.
• A resounding 93% of respondents believe that ITS Ireland’s existence is important to the development of the sector in Ireland.
• A key reason organisations join ITS Ireland is to develop their local knowledge of ITS and network with others in the sector.
• Over 95% of members confirmed that they would like their company contact information to be displayed on the ITS Ireland website.
• Approximately three quarters of respondents intend to continue supporting ITS Ireland and will remain members of the organisation in 2016, regardless of whether or not there is a modest increase in rates to fund events for members.
• A majority of members would like more emphasis on new innovations in the ITS sector and ICT at technical training events and seminars in the coming years.
• All members who attended technical training and seminars have found them of value to their organisations and nearly half of members who responded to the survey are interested in providing technical training content in the future.
• The best aspects of the 2014 annual conference were identified as networking during the day of the conference followed closely by the conference content and Gala dinner. Guest speakers and after evening meal networking also scored very highly.
• Finally, over three quarters of the respondents confirmed that they are willing to get more involved in the organisation
We would like to thank everyone who participated in the survey as the findings are invaluable to our organisation, should you wish find out more from a detailed breakdown of the results please contact Andy Fogarty at email@example.com or +353 86 803 7627.