ITS Ireland and ITS Indonesia have signed a memorandum of understanding to promote cooperation between the two organisations.
Pictured opposite are, Noni S. A. Purnomo, Vice-Chair of ITS Indonesia, David O’Keeffe, Chairperson of ITS Ireland and in the presence of Alan Kelly, TD, Minister of State at the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport.
Through this MoU, ITS Ireland and ITS Indonesia will exchange information and cooperate to optimize the development and deployment of ITS in their respective countries by promoting:
- Exchange of ITS information and technical publications as agreed between the two parties.
- Exchange and dialogue regarding the possible facilitation of ITS professionals and organizations from both private and public sectors who wish to make contact or visits to ITS development and implementation sites in Ireland and Indonesia.
- Exchange and dialogue among ITS Ireland and ITS Indonesia volunteer leadership and staff regarding effective association management practices.
- Exchange and dialogue on policy issues to benefit ITS professionals and industries around the world.
- Cooperative promotion of each other’s principal ITS events.
Expectations for the future are that the co-operation among the parties will be highly beneficial for both organizations and that this agreement may lead to more effective and better organized development and deployment of intelligent transportation systems in Ireland and Indonesia.