Event date: 23/11/2017 - 24/11/2017 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Dublin City CouncilCivic OfficesWood Quay Dublin Ireland
Tickets: €595.00 - €795.00
Please be aware that the dates for this training have been postponed to November 23rd/24th.
ITS Ireland is delighted to announce an upcoming training course in behaviour change for transport professionals, taking place in September. The course will be given by a team from the Centre for Behaviour Change, University College London (UCL) and will provide participants with an introduction to the principles of behaviour change science and design of behaviour change interventions, using Irish examples of transport projects throughout. This course seeks to increase knowledge of how behaviour change science can be applied to the transport sector, through the presentation of practical, evidence-based frameworks for developing, implementing and evaluating behaviour change interventions. For more information click here.
Although there are no prerequisites for this course, it is anticipated that delegates will provide some examples of projects that they have worked on or will be working on which can be used in the workshop. The training course will have the following format:
– Introduction to behavioural science principles
– Defining behaviours: Translation of broad problems/objectives to specific, measurable behaviours
– Understanding behaviours: Conducting a ‘behavioural diagnosis’ using the ‘COM-B’ model
– Intervention design: Using the Behaviour Change Wheel
– Brief recap of Day 1
– Bringing your intervention to life: Selecting behaviour change techniques
– Discussion of metrics for measuring success
– Next steps: Developing action plans for specific problems
Learning Outcomes Delegates should come away with a thorough knowledge of the basic principles of behaviour change and have a toolkit for how to scope and develop intervention strategies
Express your interest
If you have an interest in this course but are still undecided or not yet in a position to make a formal booking then you may like to express your interest in this course by contacting email@example.com.
Bookings are closed for this event.